Compliance Auditor focusing on compliance audits and operational audits start-to-finish, making business units, products, activities, and functions better.
- Detect Warning Signs and Prevent Risk
- Conduct preliminary surveys to define audit scope, and use data from various sources to thoroughly understand issues and opportunities
- Analyze data to identify, explain, and draw conclusions from root causes
- Solve for Solutions
- Report findings and recommend best course of action to resolve or prevent errors and enhance controls within the audited entity.
- Use knowledge in critical subject matter areas and/or knowledge of key business processes to choose an effective course of action that is consistent with available facts.
- Deliver Meaningful Results
- Clearly convey results and ideas in a manner that helps the target audience to understand and retain information; present narratives in a logical, clear and grammatically correct manner.
- Ensure that issues or problems are addressed and communicated appropriately in a timely manner to the key stakeholders.
- Own your Work and Be Accountable
- Draft audit programs, planning memos and engagement letters ensuring complete coverage and analysis of assigned areas.
- Support departmental goals by prioritizing work effectively and efficiently, and facilitate the timely completion of audits.
- Collaborate Daily
- Develop valuable relationships with the legal compliance division process owners and business unit management, while adjusting quickly to new people, cultures, and projects.
- Lead and/or work as a key contributor in audits/projects and proactively contribute suggestions and solutions to resolve issues.
About 10%-20% out-of-town and local travel per year.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience (Preferable in a Big 4 Public or National Accounting firm, but comparable business experience will be considered, too!)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or Economics
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- CPA, MBA, CIA, requisition designation or comparable business experience
- Advanced ability in analyzing risk and designing efficient control practices to minimize risk
NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.