The Firm seeks a Senior Staff Accountant for the New York office to perform external audit functions, with a focus on employee benefit plans. The candidates will work alongside staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentor-ship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare and review audit workpapers.
- Prepare and review client financial statements.
- Prepare and review forms 5500 and 990.
- Organize and delegate work to less experienced staff.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 3-5 years of audit experience in a public accounting setting.
- Experience auditing employee benefit plans required; prior exposure to labor unions preferred; prior exposure to real estate clients preferred.
- Experience in the preparation of Forms 5500 and 990 preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; graduate degree preferred.
- CPA license strongly preferred.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, primarily in the NY/NJ region with a heavy focus on Long Island and NYC clients, and regular access to a car.
- Minimal out-of-town travel is possible.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite required. Preferred experience with Pro systems Engagement and Tax software.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.