The Senior Staff Accountant will work within the finance department and support senior management and staff through performing complex technical and administrative functions
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, rules and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Determines current financial balances to produce schedules, summary reports, trial balances, income statements, and/or financial statements in accordance with accounting methods
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Reviews and analyzes reports for accuracy prior to distribution.
- Identifies problems and interacts with internal and/or external contacts as required to correct deficiencies. Rejects and returns documentation as appropriate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors or higher degrees in accounting or finance
- Four to seven years accounting or finance experience
- Must have working knowledge of Quick Books
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong ability to use MS Office packages, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking, as well as good organizational skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent ability to analyze data and circumstances
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadline
- Good at working independently, thinking critically and proffering quality ideas to improving organization’s processes
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.