Our client who provides cyber defense of information assets and manages physical security controls is seeking a Security Operations Engineer
- Administers information security controls and software
- Respond to, investigate, and analyze security events to determine appropriate actions
- Analyzes security system logs, security tools, and available data sources on a regular basis
- Gather information from other IT staff and non-IT staff to obtain information regarding security problems to networks, servers, endpoints, and applications.
- Perform incident response activities and ensure that proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident has been discovered
- Expected to stay current on security industry trends, new threats and attack techniques, mitigation techniques, and emerging security technologies
- Provide insight and participate in security projects to evaluate and recommend security products for various applications and platforms throughout the organization while supporting business initiatives
- 2-6 years of Information Security experience
- Experience working in Security Operations is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred; work experience and background will be considered in lieu of formal education
- Desire to continuously improve processes and procedures to help build and maintain a high performing team
- Experience integrating security tools through scripting, using API’s and improving existing processes through automated methods are a plus
- Experience with a Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tool is a plus
- Experience with Endpoint Security tools is a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.