One of NYC’s largest dealers of Office Products and Services is seeking a Purchasing Agent to join their Procurement team in NYC! Seeking a Purchasing/Procurement specialist with expertise in the Facility & Janitorial Supplies space. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow with a company and take ownership of a specific area in a procurement capacity.
- Verifies, prepares, and forwards purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
- Identify new suppliers that are aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Monitor sales and inventory levels of assigned vendors and categories.
- Obtain quotes for internal customers by forwarding requirements to supplier and following-up to insure promptness.
- Place orders by negotiating price, terms and delivery
- Resolve all receiving discrepancies with suppliers and communicate resolution to Receiving and Accounts Payable.
- Update item information for all assigned vendors and categories.
- Respond to all departments who may need information regarding vendors, products, deliveries, etc.
- Interface with all departments and resolve problems and issues.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 2-4 years of related experience
- MUST have knowledge in janitorial supplies purchasing and vendor management
- Excellent computer skills in Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal customers/vendors
NOTE: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.