We are currently partnered with a leading beauty brand with more than 15 years of industry success. The company manufactures a wide assortment of beauty products which are sold in high-end department stores, as well as Ecommerce and home shopping networks. Our client is looking for an experienced Purchasing Agent to join their supply chain team. The office is based in Manhattan.
- Oversee all responsibilities in the PO management process: creating POs, route for internal approval, submit to the vendor, track progress, reconcile invoices, reviewing discrepancies etc.
- Place purchase orders for multiple skus which includes, WIPs (kit parts), turn key items and components
- Partner with global suppliers and contract manufacturers to monitor PO progress to ensure requirements are met (ie. Ship dates, quantity and quality).
- Confirm PO pricing with Suppliers for new development and negotiate existing price for reorders when applicable.
- Hold routine conference calls with Suppliers to ensure up to date information related to the agreed upon production and projected delivery dates.
- Partner with Operation and Logistics Planner to schedule shipments to meet timing for deliveries.
- Interact with both home network and Retail Planners related to production and shipment of products and orders.
- Proactively communicate any production, inventory, and/or backorder issues to the Director.
- Provide backorder status on a weekly basis for inclusion in the weekly reports.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.
$75,000 + Bonus, Benefits, and Product Allowances.