We are representing a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner opportunity with a growing Hudson Valley mental health agency.
- Performs initial intakes and psychiatric evaluations and establishes diagnosis by history, mental status exam and assessment of signs and symptoms
- Prescribes and manages medication to stabilize and maintain the patient
- Provides supportive psychotherapy for individual patients, groups, and families
- Current licensure in New York State as a Nurse Practitioner with a specialty in Psychiatry, Community Health, Adult Health, or Gerontology
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques involved in psychiatric evaluations in order to properly diagnose and treat patients
- Knowledge of all aspects of prescribing psychotropic medications needed to stabilize patients
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.