Our client is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer located in Trumbell, CT.
- Manage Enterprise Linux server operating environment, including core services and patching
- Provide direction, strategy, and architecture for improving performance, availability, and automation of administrative tasks
- Design, secure, plan, deploy, monitor and automate enterprise server infrastructure
- Develop server build templates and processes
- Troubleshoot Linux Server fault and performance issues, and provide solutions
- Mentor junior level administrators
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent preferred Relevant Linux certifications.
- 7 to 10+ years IT experience with at least 6-8 years providing Linux server administration and management
- Deep understanding of the Linux Server operating system internals (RHEL 5, 6 or 7)
- Experience managing an enterprise Linux Server environment of 800+ servers
- Strong understanding of supporting technologies; storage, networking, security, virtualization
- Scripting and automation skills
- Understanding of NFS management, Satellite and Puppet
- Ability to harden and secure Windows servers
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.