Our client is an accessories and fashion brand with 100+ retail shops and outlet stores across the United States, and more than 150 shops internationally. Their products are sold in more than 400 stores worldwide, and in luxury retailers like Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Neiman Marcus. They are now looking to add a Planner to their corporate NYC team.
- Develop & forecast seasonal department / class / subclass financial objectives for retail product category that meet division level financial goals
- Maintain monthly OTB process with inventory investments to maximize productivity including initial buy, liquidation, re-orders, and allocation strategies for specific product categories to ensure merchandise remains competitive.
- Proactively identify dept. specific retail issues and opportunities, proposing solutions and communicating a unified direction: includes recommending & executing markdowns with the merchandise buying team.
- Regularly (weekly) review of key performance indicators with sales, margin, turnover, sell-thru and inventory; reacting to changes in demand and logistics.
- Ensures alignment of merchandise buy plans, budgets, sales forecasts and other business goals to financial targets.
- Responsible for both pre-season and in-season sales and inventory management
- Partner with various resources to ensure product selection meets supply/demand (i.e. Wholesale, Regional Managers, IT, Merchandisers & Buying Team)
- Perform Ad Hoc analysis based on historical performance & merchandise product attributes.
- Utilizes JDA Software
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.