Our client is seeking a temporary Paralegal. This position will assist and provide a range of legal support and administration to the Vice President- General Counsel and Company.
- Filing of new applications with Secretary of State and Permits required for new acquisitions
- Research and obtain information on Bankruptcy cases
- Prepare and file Proofs of Claims
- Prepare annual report filings for all domestic and foreign corporations to maintain good standings
- Maintain and update Environmental Site Report
- Maintain and update Trademark and Fictitious Name Report together with IP counsel
- File Annual Fictitious Name Reports with certain States to maintain status
- Draft discovery responses in order to respond to discovery requests
- Maintain and update Litigation Summary Report
- Liaison with counsel when handling cases
- Preparation of closed files for off-site storage
- Bachelor’s degree, or associates degree with focus in paralegal studies.
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret company documents, procedure manuals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.