Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Provide patient education according to patient’s needs and preferences and document in medical record
- Attend mandated training and demonstrate competence on all nursing procedures, including relevant lab procedures
- Manage/lead the clinical staff (nurses, medical and clinical assistants, laboratory staff, and, and Patient Navigators), including but not limited to recruitment and hiring, performance reviews, onboarding, training and competencies, assignments, and work flow
- Ensure that all clinical staff (nurses, medical and clinical assistants, laboratory staff, and, and Patient Navigators) adhere to and understand the work flows, documentation
- Review all site quality data monthly and identify, lead and develop strategies for improvement in collaboration with the site leadership team, to promote quality, safety and patient satisfaction
- Ensure that site champions are identified for the core quality initiatives and core systems including workflow and documentation are understood and executed.
- Responsible for oversight of laboratory operations and continuous review of In-House Lab Tests Quality Control and Maintenance Logs
- Ensure that the quality of care is assessed and improved through regular record audits
- In collaboration with the rest of the site leadership team, develop and lead initiatives to promote and improve quality, safety and patient satisfaction
- Participate in monthly leadership and staff meetings
- Demonstrate knowledge of decontamination and sterilization processes, and perform regular review of D & S Processing and Maintenance Logs (note: in sites with dental services, dentist performs more intensive review of logs, but NM needs to be familiar with and shares responsibility for compliance with standards)
- Conduct monthly component meetings with all clinical support team and review the priority issues of the organization including quality, safety and patient satisfaction including any organizational updates or initiatives
- Complete annual evaluations of clinical support team
- Monitor and facilitate patient follow-up as needed, including test results and missed appointments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and provide age- appropriate and culturally sensitive care, including use of medical interpreters as indicated
- Perform direct patient care duties of an RN: interview patients for health history, prepare equipment and assist practitioner during examination and treatment of patients, document in patient’s medical record
- Experience in acute care settings
- Minimum education: BS & Licensed Registered Nurse
- Have Management experience at 2 – 3 years
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.