We are representing a Network Administrator opportunity with Private Equity firm in NYC. Seeking a dynamic network engineer with exceptional client service skills and a Windows background to support a group of senior users in a variety of areas.
- Maintain and monitor Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows server 2008 \ 2012 and ADS.
- Manage help desk tickets and provide escalation support and mentoring to junior team members.
- Support various end user applications (MS Office and various accounting and finance applications.).
- Monitor online backups to ensure their completion and perform restores as necessary.
- Install, configure and support end-user hardware and peripherals.
- Maintain workstation images and workstation cloning and deploy new hardware using Acronis.
- Maintain anti-virus.
- Maintain copier and printers.
- Troubleshoot end user hardware issues and provide general network support.
- Support Avaya VOIP telephony systems
- Maintain ADS network users and groups (add\change\delete), Exchange distribution groups and public folders.
- Create and maintain network, server and application documentation.
- Maintain perimeter security, video conferencing, security camera systems.
- Keep current on new developments, technologies and techniques in information technology related to the role.
- Provide weekend help desk coverage 2 weekends per month.
- Working late nights and odd hours will be required from time to time.
- Assist team members with network design changes and infrastructure initiatives as needed.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory.
- Previous experience with desktop support, help desk and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- 4 year degree from an accredited institution in IT or related field preferred.
- Ideal experience in Windows 7 / 10, Windows 2008 / 2012 server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Office 365, Bloomberg, Acronis and VMware.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.