We are representing a Level 2 Helpdesk opportunity with a welfare fund in NYC to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer questions on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. An excellent Desktop Support Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the organization’s reputation and business.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Proven experience as a desktop support technician.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills with an ability to effectively interact with clients to troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent customer service skills and a discipline to see technical problems through to resolution.
- Windows 7, MAC OSX (preferred), Microsoft Office 2010+ (specifically Outlook, Word and Excel),
- Customer-oriented, team player and cool-tempered
- Serve as a point of contact for clients seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by clients
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in the IS ticketing system.
- Follow up and update client status and information Direct unresolved issues to tier 3 support personnel
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Associate degree in Computer Science and/or graduation from technical school or equivalent experience.
- Must have 2 years’ experience
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.