The Grants Manager is responsible for ensuring that the agency complies with government, foundation and other funding agency’s fiscal reporting expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The supervision and preparation of all financial reports required by funding sources, including monthly vouchers, annual budgets, budget modifications, year-end close outs, contract packages and annual cost reports. (Funding sources include, but are not limited to, NYC Department of Mental Health, NYC Department for the Aging, DYCD, etc.).
- Prepares annual NYS Consolidated Fiscal Report.
- Prepares period-end reporting to funders, board of directors and management.
- Monitors and follows up on contract receivables and collections.
- Accumulates and prepares budgets and budget modifications, and submits them to appropriate government agencies.
- Performs account analysis, and reconciles grants to general ledger.
- Monitors all contracts in effect and ensures compliance with fiscal reporting requirements.
- Monitors budgets and coordinates the management of contracts with program directors to ensure the maximum use of contract funds.
- Responds to inquiries from funders in timely manner.
- Works closely with both corporate and agency auditors.
- Candidate must have a solid knowledge of Federal, State and City contract vouchering, budgeting and compliance requirements.
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) in Accounting, and 5+ years of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with program directors and funding agency contacts.
- Must be deadline oriented, with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Must be a self-starter, working well without close supervision.
- Must be able to establish priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to satisfactorily perform other duties upon request by the CFO.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.