Seeking a Fund Accountant in New York, NY
- Assisting in the quarterly investment valuation process, including the review of loan valuation models and broker quotes, coordinating the independent valuation firm and EY (external auditor) review of valuations, and preparation of the quarterly valuation materials for the Valuation Committee and Board of Directors.
- Detailed review of the BDCs’ accounting records (NAV close packages), financial statements (10-Qs and 10-Ks), shareholders’ capital account statements, investor presentations, tax returns, 38a compliance reports (asset diversification, income and distribution tests), 1099/1042-S forms, and capital call/distribution allocation files and letters. Such records/data will be prepared by the TPA.
- Coordination of EY’s quarterly review and annual audit and internal audit’s annual testing, as well as assisting with operating within the SOX control framework.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the credit facilities, including the review of servicing reports, borrowing bases, quarterly waterfalls, etc. and assisting with borrowings and repayments.
- Overseeing the management company accounting for the respective BDCs, including management/ incentive fees and data aggregation/ analysis that is needed for the quarterly ENI/budget reforecast
- Assisting with responses to investor inquiries/ requests. During fundraising, the individual will help create various analysis needed for updating marketing materials, assisting with the preparation of due diligence questionnaire responses, as well as assisting with fund closing processes.
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed
Breakdown of Time
- Assist in the review of the quarterly BDC NAV packages based on data received from the TPA, which includes review of related support for all balance sheet and income statement accounts. On an ad hoc basis, NAV packages would also be reviewed in relation to capital calls.
- Coordinate and assist the TPA to ensure accurate processing of investment activities
- Detailed review of cash and position reconciliations
- Assist in the review of accrued incentive fee calculations from the TPA
- Detailed review of investor NAV statements prepared by the TPA
- Assist in the review of financial statements (10-Qs and 10-Ks) prepared by the TPA
- Coordinate interim and year-end audit and internal audit requests and questions
- Transactions and fund activities
- Perform a detailed review of capital call and distribution calculations prepared by the TPA. Also review the related letters on a detailed basis and post such letters to the investor portal.
- Coordinate with the internal co-investment team (for internal co-investors) to ensure that the required data and notices are provided
- Fund Management
- Assist with the coordination and review of valuations prepared by the deal team and preparation of the valuation materials for the Valuation Committee and Board of Directors
- Assist in the formation process for all fund and investment level entities, prepare documentation needed for internal legal entity approval, coordinate establishment of tax documentation (W8, W9) for all entities
- Assist in the review of performance metrics compiled by TPA
- Assist with the preparation of corporate economic net income and dividend forecast models for the BDCs and gather all the necessary data needed for the models from the deal team, TPA, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of various reports provided to investors periodically
- Management Company Reporting
- Review monthly management company reporting and budget analysis as it relates to the BDCs
- Annual review of tax workbooks detailing book to tax differences to tax returns, tax returns and shareholder 1099/1042-S forms
- Investor Requests
- Interact with investors on a periodic basis and produce and analyse a variety of ad hoc reports
- 2-3 years out of public accounting
- Credit or BDC clients a must
- CPA preferred
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.
$50,000-$75,000 + $18,000 Bonus