Private equity investment firm seeking a Fund Accountant in New York, NY.
- Assisting in the monthly and quarterly accounting close process including preparation of income statements, balance sheets and statements of cash flows, and preparation of support schedules showing detailed investment activity, income and expense amounts;
- Preparing and reviewing trial balances
- Managing and monitoring the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Providing technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Coordinating with the company’s operations, tax, investor relations, investment and legal teams
- Working with auditors to provide information as requested
- Reviewing private equity fund clients’ partnership agreements, private placement memorandums, and other materials
- Completing ad-hoc and special projects as directed.
- Accounting degree
- Seeking 2-3 years with private equity fund clients
- Big 4 experienced is preferred
- CPA a huge plus
- Investran experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of partnership accounting
- Private equity experience
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP financial statements for alternative investments
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and client service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.