Our client is a private, independent trust company formed to advise and provide wealth management, fiduciary and investment solutions to high net-worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, institutions and endowments. They are seeking a Junior Accountant in their Fairfield County, CT location.
- Perform accounting functions including bank reconciliations, daily cash monitoring and reporting and monthly GL closes including journal entries
- Heavy monthly financial statement preparation for investments, for-profit companies, foundations and personal wealth statements.
- Responsible for A/P and A/R function and complete bill paying for various entities.
- Preparation of internal and external budgets.
- Preparation of annual tax work papers and annual files.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 0 – 2 years’ experience in public or private accounting
- Excellent Microsoft Office and strong research skills. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
- Outstanding analytical skills coupled with strong organizational and communication skills
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.