Our client is seeking a Director of Technical Accounting & Policy and External Reporting in NYC.
- Operational accounting:
- Pension accounting
- Share-based compensation accounting
- Other employee compensation and benefit accounting
- Have a leadership role in the external reporting activities for the client and its subsidiaries which includes the preparation of quarterly and annual documents that are filed with the SEC.
- Assist in the preparation and the review of other SEC filings that arise as a result of debt and /or equity offerings, as well as Form 8-Ks, proxy statements, etc.
- Responsible for the evaluation of new accounting standards / pronouncements. This would include
- Obtaining an understanding of the rule/pronouncement
- Determining its applicability to the Company
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Company’s adoption plans
- Must have CPA
- Must be a MINIMUM of 8 Years Public Accounting experience
- Must be current on both quarterly and annual SEC disclosure requirements, as well as current generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience required in the accounting for the following areas:
- Revenue recognition: including deferred revenue, specifically as it relates to arrangements with multiple deliverables
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.