We are representing a Desktop Support Technician for an Alternative Investment firm in NYC.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive and reliable, and has strong troubleshooting skills.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, communication and customer services skills and two to four years of support experience.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to learn and be mentored by the Director of IT to further their infrastructure knowledge.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to below
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software and hardware
- Run diagnostic problems to resolve problems;
- Report significant and recurring issues to the IT management;
- Manage desk moves and changes;
- Build workstations using custom images as needed;
- Adhere to all IT security policies and assist in enforcing and monitoring IT security policies;
- Assist in various projects and other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong process, time management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a desktop support role is required.Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills, must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT
- HVAC and UPS knowledge a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion