Financial Officer, this position will lead accounting, cash management, SOX compliance, financial audits and tax compliance. This position will have significant involvement in public filings so a technical accounting background is required. The Controller must possess the ability to communicate effectively, foster teamwork, prioritize tasks, demonstrate strong problem solving skills, and have great attention to detail.
- Oversee all accounting operations including monthly financial closing & reporting of detailed income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, and bank reconciliations
- Provide full support required for all SEC filings
- Manage the independent audits specifically the filing of the 10-Q and 10-K
- Work closely with management cross-functionally to both analyze and optimize departmental overhead and other costs
- Establish, monitor and enforce internal controls around financial systems
- Work closely with external tax advisors to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local requirements.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to implement improved processes, systems and workflows to allow accounting infrastructure to scale
- Manage and provide leadership and support to accounting staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; advanced degree a plus
- CPA with minimum 5 years public accounting experience, plus
- 3+ years of progressive controller experience, ideally within high-growth, and entrepreneurial environments
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and thorough knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with public company reporting; IPO experience a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.