The Chief Accounting Officer, will be a highly skilled and experienced leader who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is detailed oriented. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will lead the accounting department and have a passion to make change and challenge the status quo. The CAO will have significant involvement in public filings so a technical accounting background is required. This position will play an integral role to ensure that the accounting function is closely aligned with the strategic objectives of the business and that the firm has the capacity, in the accounting function, to support its aggressive growth.
- Issue timely and consolidated financial statements under US GAAP
- Responsible for all SEC reporting
- Researches complex accounting transaction and determine proper accounting treatment while coordinating with external auditors
- Collaborate with senior management on financial strategy, projections, valuations and analysis of investment opportunities
- Regularly examines financial statements for accuracy and makes recommendations of improvements
- Coordinate monthly closing process
- Lead compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; advanced degree a plus
- CPA Certification and meet continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements
- 10+ years of experience in a senior accounting position including 3 to 5 years at a public company preferable from Transaction Advisory Services
- Strong technical accounting and thorough knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with public company reporting; IPO experience a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.