Our client is a technology solutions firm based in NY & NJ. Founded over 15 years ago, they sell, implement and support the IT environments of clients in the Northeastern US. They are a value added reseller, system integrator and consultancy company that delivers virtualization, cyber security, application development and desktop solutions. They also work with their partners to place talented IT professionals. They been extremely successful and are now looking to add a Business Development Specialist to their NY
- Make prospecting calls to existing clients in the greater New York Metro Area – may be warm calls to existing clients or cold calls to warm accounts.
- Set up meetings for the Director of Sales regarding new technology or services and to communicate new messages.
- Market events to existing clients, attend events, and follow up afterwards for opportunities
- Attend sales meetings and training sessions.
- Obtain and maintain vendor sales certifications.
- Accompany Director of Sales on sales calls to learn and observe how to close a deal.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Must be very proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent written and persuasive verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.