The Business Requirements Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, whether they are customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user and technical requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software development life cycle. The Business Requirements Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverable’s are met according to specifications. The Business Requirements Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understanding of business needs so that the product maximizes its value in utility and efficiency.
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
Acquisition and Deployment
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure that the features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
I.T. Operations and Analysis
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/the project team
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team
- Generate as-is and to-be process flows
- Conduct Gap Analysis
- Develop use cases based on to-be process flows and conduct walk-through sessions with business users and other applicable stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field and four (4) years’ work experience as a business analyst, systems analyst or project manager
- 10 Years’ work experience as a business analyst, systems analyst or assistant project manager, if no Bachelor’s degree
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling a plus
- PMP or PMI-PBA certification a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.