The role of the Data Architect is to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Enterprise Data Architect will achieve this by strategically designing, developing, and implementing data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. These models shall be architected at the following layers: conceptual, logical, business area, and application. This individual will act as the primary advocate of data modeling methodologies and data processing best practices.
- In conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders, develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision, standards and data management roadmap..
- Create short-term tactical solutions to manage performance data for all departments. Work with stakeholders to design and generate performance reports, KPI dashboards and facilitate reporting to executive management..
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
- Enforce the organization’s data management policy
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
- Create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the success of enterprise-level application rollouts (e.g. ERP, SCM, CRM, SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals.
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- College diploma or university degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Certification in database administration (e.g. CDP-DBA) is required.
- At least two (2) years’ work experience as a data professional or information architect.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows desktop and server operating system.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices. Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting database platforms, including, but not limited to: MS SQL, MY SQL, Mongo.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.