The Associate Energy Engineer in Birmingham, AL will support our existing and potential clients through a passion for energy optimization, renewable energy, and providing clients with creative technical solutions to their sustainability concerns.
- Provide technical expertise working closely with project managers and client service managers as well as interact with internal project team members and external clients and contractors.
- Prepare technical and energy savings reports with strong technical writing and graphing skills.
- Use existing broad-based knowledge in the energy field spanning conventional energy technologies to alternative fuels energy services to provide consultation to clients.
- Oversee technical feasibility and life cycle cost effectiveness studies.
- Collect and analyze utility bills.
- Set data loggers and collect and analyze data.
- Use industry calculations and best practices to create analysis and review analyses created by others.
- Document best practices and lessons learned to improve design and operational practices.
- Conduct site visits to collect baseline data on energy using systems and equipment.
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or related bachelor’s degrees with relevant experience, coursework, or specialization
- Two (2) year degree with exceptional technical experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and LEED-AP and PMP certifications desirable. PE Certification a MUST
- Strong technical skills and energy systems understanding and knowledge required
- Demonstrated knowledge of building science, HVAC, electrical, and other industrial systems
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral English communication skills with high proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Experience in measurement and verification (M&V) of energy efficiency measures desirable
- Building simulation experience with Trace, HAP or eQUEST software desirable
- Willingness and ability to satisfactorily pass a background investigation and drug screen
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.