Our client is looking for a dynamic Assistant Controller who will report directly to the head of accounting.
- Financial reporting: prepare financial statements, exposure/liquidity reports, and track investment performance
- Budgeting: assist with budgeting and negotiating pricing with vendors
- Trading Operations: book trades, process corporate actions, reconcile trades/positions & monitor derivatives
- Tax: Model expected portfolio P&L and related tax implications monthly, assist with annual tax returns, and provide workpapers to external tax accountants
- Examples of project-based work include:
- Support portfolio companies with finance/accounting/tax advisory
- Diligence potential external manager investments
- Assist with structuring private investments
- 3-6 years of work experience in accounting or financial advisory, preferably with exposure to alternative investments
- CPA preferred
- Ability to summarize issues, develop recommendations, and produce quality materials within tight timeframes
- Strong excel skills
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.