Our client is a leading independent, client-focused financial services firm seeking an Assistant Controller located in NYC.
- Oversight over routine accounting functions including bank reconciliations, detailed accounts receivable reconciliations, expenses (including prepaid reconciliations), accounts payable, and all revenue and expense transactions for the firms Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs).
- Manage and review all accounting matters related to the firm’s asset management operations while obtaining a full understanding of corporate structure to allocate expenses appropriately at a divisional and entity level.
- Responsible coordinating with the fund accounting team on the reconciliation process of monthly fund expenses paid by the RIAs on behalf of the funds, including invoices paid by corporate accounting payable and employee T&E spend. Specifically work with fund accounting to ensure all receivables from the funds and separately managed accounts (SMAs) tie to the payable reconciliations maintained by fund accounting.
- Review all T&E spend to ensure coding is accurate. Bill back T&E associated with funds or SMAs in a timely fashion and ensure expenses billed are in accordance with the LPAs and IMAs.
- 6-10 years public/private combo either on management company side or fund accounting
- Big 4 & CPA not a necessity but very highly preferred
- Outgoing and personable
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.