Our client is seeking an Applications Support Specialist located in NYC.
- Provide on-site operational support for all current and future 3rd party application software tools and utilities that are utilized to support the full eDiscovery process lifecycle.
- Participate on cross-discipline teams as necessary to support the business.
- Actively participate and execute data analysis, transformation, and migrations for various projects between the various applications software systems.
- Provide expert-level technical support for the business unit on the various requirements for import and exports on all 3rd party and internal applications.
- Develop documentation on data mappings and processes for migrating and transforming data between systems.
- Participate in the concept, design, implementation, and support of any ETS / eDiscovery service (including custom applications, ad-hoc projects, and packaged/purchased applications).
- Participate in the analysis of various software systems and applications (both custom and packaged), and related systems architectures in order to design and implement improvements for increased functionality, reliability, and performance.
- 2 – 6 years of related work experience preferred.
- Solid skills in relational database (SQL Server) and SQL query / script / stored procedure development for data analysis and manipulation.
- Proven history and expertise in supporting complex, 3rd party software applications for business services.
- Demonstrated practical experience in learning and becoming an internal expert on the features and capabilities of packaged software applications.
- Experience in large, production-oriented service operations, with experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations with large data volumes preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.