In this critical role you will have global responsibility for application development and support for our core operational and business intelligence systems. This is a key leadership role, with management of a team of experienced professionals with broad responsibilities over our key applications and the teams that who keep them operating. The Applications Development and Support Director is a full-time role located in Detroit, Michigan and reports to the Chief Information Officer.
- Global management of all application development and support efforts for the IT department.
- Development and governance of application development processes and standards.
- Implementation of application best practices incorporating modern principles including, but not limited to “Lean”, “Agile” and “Devops” across the IT business.
- Management of resource loading and balancing; collaboration with the Technology Program Office (TPO) on creation of realistic staffing plans and executable project plans.
- Responsibility for on-going support, maintenance and upgrades of our core applications including planning, creation of business cases and resourcing of support organization -including the selection and management of third party vendors.
- Collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture team to develop application, integration and other architecture standards. Part of the architecture governance process of the IT organization.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Information Systems or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in leadership of an Application Development organization. Experience in an established consulting firm as a consultant is a plus.
- A certification in Program Management such as a PMP is preferred.
- The ideal candidate would be a creative and innovative person with a demonstrated passion for technology.
- Must be able to make compelling presentations up to and including the Board of Directors level.
- Must work full-time and primarily out of the Detroit office. Travel, including International travel, up to 25% may be required.
- Good facility with general MS Office tools and Project Management tools is desired.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.