Our client is seeking an Accounting Supervisor. This role will be a key contributor in assisting with developing the company’s monthly close process as well as many different projects within the accounting space.
- Ensure accuracy of books and records associated with reconciling the client’s portfolio and ensure loan sales are booked timely and accurately.
- Responsible for reconciling Investment Portfolio of mortgage backed securities and booking accretion, amortization & interest
- Calculate and complete journal entries for the Bank’s investments and interest rate hedges.
- Create/maintain schedules for expenses and track prepayment of expenses.
- Reconcile checking, savings, mortgage, certificate of deposit and personal loan accounts
- Special projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager, Accounting Director and Corporate Controller
- Reconcile suspense accounts used to facilitate payments to investors
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive financial services experience, preferably in accounting or finance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong Excel skills, ability to manipulate and reconcile large excel files
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry
- Ability to identify a problem and the initiative to see it through to resolution
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to stay focused on the task regardless of the environment
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.