This candidate will build out the whole accounting function, switch them over from quickbooks to another software, bring them through their first audit, hire 3 new accounting staff by 1/2018.
This is a tremendous opportunity for growth as we transition from a 3rd party Accounting provider to an in-house team. You will lead all aspects of the Accounting function and the future development of the team, including:
- Leading the offboarding process from an outside Accounting provider
- Day-to-day bookkeeping, ensuring US GAAP compliance
- Coordinating payroll with outside PEO
- Establishing a clear, concise invoicing and billing process internally
- Establishing a clear, concise monthly close calendar and procedures
- Managing key elements of working capital processes (A/P and A/R, Collections)
- Partnering with Head of Finance to develop key banking and payment infrastructures
- Implementing T&E policies and employee level expense management
- Coordinating tax services and preparation with outside advisors / auditors
- Preparing for and leading a financial audit in early 2018
This role will report to our Head of Finance.
- Licensed CPA and a mastery of US GAAP Methodology
- 5-7 years of experience in an Accounting role (Preferably “Big Four” experience)
- Familiarity with all in-house Accounting functions, from clerk roles (AP / AR / Payroll) to overseeing monthly close of books, managing a team
- Proven ability to problem solve and establish processes from scratch
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
What Would Set You Apart
- Knowledge of media revenue accounting
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Proven experience helping to build an Accounting operation for an organization with $20MM+ in revenue
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.