Our Client is an interdisciplinary artist management, production and creative content agency that cultivates the intersection of art, culture and commerce into captivating campaigns and immersive brand experiences. They are in search of an Accountant/Senior Accountant for their NYC office.
- Effectively and efficiently manage all day-to-day accounting functions including A/P, A/R, collections and payroll. Maintain banking relationships, coordinate payments for all vendors, manage cash requirements and liquidity and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain general ledgers and trial balances, ensuring that monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements are met according to pre-determined timelines.
- Financial reporting – prepare and analyze financial statements (Balance sheet, P&L, Income Statement, Net Margin profit report).
- Provide monthly and year-end reporting and work with company’s tax accountant on Annual Corporate Tax filing and preparations.
- Ensure all compliance requirements are met; timely filing of all tax returns and regulatory filings including preparing and coordinating supporting documents and files for external audit of company.
- Interpret output from POS system and translate into financial information. Coordinate with production and marketing team to ensure client budgets are correct, stay on track, and fully closed and deliver profit; this includes preparation of monthly commission reports for the sales department.
- Prepare monthly forecasting and maintain budget by analyzing the company’s spending, isolating cost drivers and making recommendations.
- Researched, implemented and aided in developing new reporting system for operations including updating several software packages in the corporate office and led training for the employees.
- On-going development and maintain Accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare payroll info and enter payroll journals. Handle new employee onboarding process, manage company health insurance plan and enrollments. Maintain and update company HR policies.
- Maintain and renew company’s commercial insurance package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with 4+ years of experience
- Job Costing Experience REQUIRED (the accumulation of the costs of materials, labor, and overhead for a specific job)
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.